MIB ADD

Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Day I Went To The Grace Kelly Exhibition

 
Hi Ladies!
Today Mr. D and I went to the McCord Museum located downtown Montreal to see the Grace Kelly Exhibition
I was thrilled!
I'm a big fan of the Lady, I have seen all her movies
My favorites are the ones she made with Alfred Hitchcock
I think she was the epitome of style and classic beauty 
The exhibition showcased her beautiful outfits she wore in her movies and as Princess of Monaco
Unfortunately, it was forbidden to take pics of the exhibition
I was a bit disappointed
   

g18
 McCord Museum is a public research and teaching museum dedicated to the preservation, study , diffusion and appreciation of Canadian history .
The collection was based on the McCord family collection . Since 1878 David Ross McCord had been adding to the already considerable collection assembled by his family since their arrival in Canada

Since I can't show you the Grace Kelly exhibition I will share with you my personal favorites of the other collections on display at the Museum
 
They had a wonderful hat collection
 
 g11

G8

g9
 
 Some of my favorites of the Montreal exhibition
Victorian jewelry and exquisite beaded bag

g17

Expo 67
I have a vague memory of Expo 67
I went when I was 7 years old
Before the subway was built you had to take a small boat to go to Expo 67 which was on St-Helen island

g10

Expo 67's hostesses' uniforms
Montreal designer Michel Robichaud designed blue uniforms for Expo 67 . I wonder if these ones are his designs.

g20

Expo 67's Men's uniform
Love the blue tie!

g1

The museum had an interesting section on my hood
This is Marché Maisonneuve
The median strip doesn't exist anymore
But the recreated the design on Morgan street which is the street leading to the Marché Maisonneuve

g14

The Union Jack Flag at the beginning of the century before the Trudeau Government repatriate the Constitution of Canada from the UK in 1982

g13

g16

 

 g4
 
I was wearing for this special day -
 
Joseph Ribkoff 80s dress thrifted at Salvation Army (2 for 1 day)
DrMartens shoes - 50% sale- Who could resist?
80s Straw bag  thrifted at Renaissance
 
I will joining Patti and the Beautiful Ladies at Visible Monday
 
See you soon
 
Je vous fais la bise
 
Ariane xxxxx

24 comments:

Paula Ruta said...

Ariane, I love Grace Kelly too! Love your Doc Martins.
I went to the Expo; I harldly remember anything tho. Just from pictures. We have relatives in Canada and stayed in Montreal. I've been to the city many times since then--always love it. xoxo

The Style Crone said...

What a fabulous post! The hats are spectacular, as are you, dressed with colorful perfection for the Grace Kelly Exhibition. Yes, who could resist the shoes!

Melanie said...

I remember Expo '67 - my mum and dad ditched the kids and went. They had a great time.
Grace Kelly is such an icon of style. One of the things I loved about her was her elocution.
Your outfit is fantastic as well, from the umbrella to the shoes and handbag. You must have turned heads yourself at the exhibit!

señora Allnut said...

you look so cute and gorgeous wearing your dress and that pretty shoes!!, and love your bag and Your Umbrella!!!, amazing!
and so interesting that you share something about your place history and some pretty hats pics!, and that sixties uniform!
besos

The Dainty Dolls House said...

This looks wonderful. Shame you weren't able to take pictures, but the ones you got at the other were marvellous too :) You look beautiful :)) Am glad you had a great time xx

Marla Robinson said...

You look wonderful. What a fab exhibit. I absolutely loved Grace Kelly.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I bet you were the most fashionable lady in attendance. You look great in this outfit...and thanks for sharing...I would love to attend something like this...she was so beautiful. But, so are you!

Patti said...

What a wonderful exhibit that must have been - she is still one of my vintage fashion favorites. And you look divine in your summery dress and fab Docs! Thanks for linking it all up to Visible Monday xoxox

Renae of Simple Sequins said...

Oh Ariane! I love your ootd! Great and perfect for museum walking esp to view style and fashion designs. Right-on!

Thrifted Shift said...

Thanks for sharing these photos! It looks like a good exhibit and a good day! And your outfit is so cheery especially on a rainy day!

Kathleen Lisson said...

This exhibit looks fantastic! I need to visit Montreal soon!

Forest City Fashionista said...

I'm sorry I missed visiting the McCord when I was in Montreal - I love the hats, especially the tri-colour wool felt one. Your Josef Ribkoff dress is perfect for hanging out with Grace Kelly, and the Docs are awesome - the perfect way to add some "contemporary cool" to your lady-like dress.

Suzanne Carillo Style Files said...

I love that outfit and the shoes! What a score getting them at 50% off.

Such a shame they wouldn't let you take photos. I would have loved to have seen some of her dresses.

bisous
Suzanne

thorne garnet said...

I wanna go to a museum. Living in small town in the middle of nowhere, it's hard to good to a museum. I always go to as many a possible when I travel.

I love those shoes!

Vix said...

What a smashing exhibit but you look even better in your outfit! Love those crazy shoes! x

sabine said...

Hello Ariane,
for me Grace K. is one of the most beautiful women ever. What a great chance to see her honored in an exibition. I understand you were disappointed getting no permit to take pictures. So you have to keep in mind your impressions.
The dress you wore also is a reminscence to Grace, you look classy and exquisite!
Sabine xxx

Mitha Komala said...

the exhibition looks so interesting! love your dress and shoes, gorgeous look <3

Letters To Juliet

Connie said...

Ariane. You look so beautiful. Grace Kelly had some competition at that exhibit with you in the room!
Grace Kelly was so pretty when she was young and even more beautiful when she aged and looked so calm and regal.

WendyB said...

Those shoes! So fabulous!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Great outfit and shoe, wow this looks so cool :)

Megan Gann said...

the docs! swoon! They are super gorgeous. I bet super comfy too.

Penny-Rose said...

The exhibition sounds amazing and your photos of the other exhibits are lovely. I also love Grace Kelly in Hitchcock. I like the white and blue dress and I was quite taken with the hostess uniforms from the Expo.

Penny-Rose said...

The exhibition sounds amazing and your photos of the other exhibits are lovely. I also love Grace Kelly in Hitchcock. I like the white and blue dress and I was quite taken with the hostess uniforms from the Expo.

ann wood said...

This is such a great outfit! I especially love your shoes. The first picture is so fun.

blue hue wonderland