MIB ADD

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Packing For San Francisco

 
  Hi there Ladies!
 
Finally figured out what to pack to San Francisco
Not an easy one
You'll think i would make my life easy and  just pack jeans, runners, t-shirts and sweaters?

That would be too boring or too easy, right?
 
 I believe there are other comfortable stylish alternatives
 
The only neutral piece is a black Lululemon jacket called the Uba Hoodie

I didn't want to carry a heavy coat
 
This  jacket is perfect ! It will protect me from the rain, wind and light and if the temperature drops
Plus it goes with all my outfits -

It has thumb holes to keep my wrists and hands warm

I love that detail!
 
 
IMG_7239
 
 
 
Here are some of the colorful and comfortable outfits i put together to wear in San Francisco

 
 

IMG_7234


 
This i will wear on the plane going to SF
I'm still thinking about what color leggings i will wear
Black, pink, or pale mint green...there is a little green in the sweater
 
 
 
IMG_7231

 
The pink was added recently on this vintage dress
I added 5 inches of fabric
I will wear this dress with purple leggings
 
 
IMG_7237


I chose versatile items for if i want to move them around

 
IMG_7232

 
 Probably wear this outfit  on the plane coming back

 
IMG_7235
 
 
 
IMG_7238
 
 
 
IMG_7236
 
No place for high heels
 
We'll be walking all day
 
I chose colorful, comfortable shoes
 
 
IMG_7251


Ye! It's finally done!

 I Added extra sweaters, leggings, tights ,ect....

I'm all set now, it has to fit in the suitcase, ha,ha,ha!

Oh well, I'll put some in Mr. D's
 
IMG_7242

Snacks for the plane-

The best energy bars i ever had

Full of natural ingredients


I can't eat plane food, totally disgusting and very expensive

We'll probably have breakie at the airport since we have to be there 3 hours before the flight

 Plus we stop over at Vegas- we'll probably get something to eat there for lunch

 
IMG_7240


Got my National Geographic guide!

I will read this on the plane

I had a glance already, it's an excellent guide
 
IMGP6788


Yes and yes i changed the ever changing hair color!

I think pink suits me best

Perfect for SF!
 
  
IMG_7243
 
 
Have fun and I  will be back soon!
 
Je vous fait la bise
 
Ariane xxxx

28 comments:

The Style Crone said...

Beautiful outfits ALL! Have a fabulous time in SF and love your new hair.

thorne garnet said...

Good choices, you won't look like a tourist. Have a blast!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

have a great time, Ariane!! And take a picture of the new dancing lights on the bridge!!!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Oh Ariane! I am so excited for you. Just looking at all the fun clothing you are packing for your trip gets me giddy.

Wear pink or pale mint green tights, not black please! You will look so fresh and spring like.

Have a super wonderful time,

Sue xo

sabine said...

Hello Ariane,
I see you are well prepared for SF and you look fantastic and full of expectation. I'm sure you have choosen the right pieces to feel good and I'm also sure you will also find some in the second hand shops there.
I can't believe you have got that leather skirt. I had such a skirt when i was young, I loved it. Look forward to see you wearing it.
Have a great trip, some wonderful days and come back full of energy and inspiration.
Sabine xxx

Vix said...

What fantastic packing, you are going to turn heads in those gorgeous outfits. I'm so envious, I wish I was coming with you! Please take lots of photos. xxxxx

PinkCheetahVintage said...

I love all your clothes for the trip!! Have fun! Can't wait to hear all the details!
Becky :)

Sacramento Amate said...

Good choice.
You are looking glorious, dear Ariane.
Enjoy and take photos.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Frocktasia said...

I think that if you packed just jeans, runners, t-shirts and sweaters, they would still be the most splendidly colourful and awesome examples of such items and personally I don't think you could look boring even if you tried really hard :)
I am in awe with that stunning psychedelic dress and the suede patchwork skirt.
I think you've managed to pack a great selection of garments that can be mixed and matched into a plethora of fabulous outfits and I'm really looking forward to all the outfit pics from the trip.
Wise choice about the no heels, there is nothing worse than sore frigging feet when you are sightseeing.
You look very excited and like Vix I wish I was coming with you too :)
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

You are going to have so much fun, Ariane! Your outfits are so colorful and pretty, and the shoes are perfect for all the walking. Bon voyage : >

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

I want to come hang out in your closet. You have such fun, colorful, interesting clothes and I love the way that you put them together with such joyful abandon!

Have a great trip!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Super choices, I think you chose well :) I hope you have a great time, sounds like fun!! Have a fun & safe time xx

Paula Ruta said...

So adorable in that last picture!

I packed so wrong for San diego back in Jan.! Hope you have done better!

grunge-queen said...

Great outfits and it must have been agonising yet exciting pi king them out! Have a super fun trip, Ariane - looking forward to seeing the pics, and I hope you get some good thrifting in! Xoxo

Miss Simmonds Says said...

all really cute outfits, bit in love with the pink gingham skirt! Hope you have a great time! xx

CityScape Skybaby said...

I love seeing what other women pack for their holidays and you have a great selection here Ariane, perfect for sightseeing, comfortable but still bright and stylish. Hope you're having a fantastic time, look forward to hearing all about it when you get back, and the new hair colour is really cute! xx

pastcaring said...

Some wonderful outfits there, Ariane. Have a brilliant trip! xxx

Luna Tiger said...

Avec de si jolies tenues ├ža sera un beau voyage !
J'adore le pull avec le petit pingouin, il est trop chou !
http://selenite.weebly.com

Dawn (Sassy) said...

You make anything look good, so whatever you take will look good. :)

http://simplysassysstyle.blogspot.com/

Dawn

Debbie Baker Burns said...

Love the choice of shoes! And my favs are the pink vintage dress and the bird skirt. I think I love your closet! Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

Debbie Baker Burns said...

Love the choice of shoes! And my favs are the pink vintage dress and the bird skirt. I think I love your closet! Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Your choices of travel outfits are utterly glorious and inspiring!! So much wonderful colour and texture - I'll bet you're bringing SF to its knees!!!! xoxoxo

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

You sound excited and I'm excited for you!! Have a wonderful time. You will light up the city with your glorious Ariane-style!! XXOO

Lorena said...

Oh you are packing some amazing wear for your trip.
I have so many favorites: the penguin sweater, the vintage dress you added a few inches of pink fabric to and that green dress!
have a great trip -

Bella Q said...

I absolutely LOVE how you dress- the items you pick and how you pair them together awe me! What a great 60's print on that pink dress- can't wait to see you cavorting in San Fran- it's such a great city1

Renae at simple sequins said...

hello Ariane! Hope you are having a smashing time in SF! Hope to hear all about it when you return. Travel safely. Renae

angie said...

Hi Arianne, have a great time in S.F!the pink dress hits home with me.Your hair look so special.

Melanie said...

How did I miss this post!!? And now you've been there and are back already. Your dress with the added pink is from heaven. Incroyable! Thanks for showing us what you packed. Your pink hair is superb!