MIB ADD

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Exchanging Fabulous Frocks at La Casa Bianca!



Allo Ladies!
 
I was invited last Sunday to a clothes exchange at La Casa Bianca


IMG_7210



Casa Bianca is officially registered as an architectural landmark
The house was built in 1912 by a Montreal developer.
The architectural style is French Renaissance revival, and the exterior facing is made of unusual white glazed terra cotta tiles

This was a perfect place for a clothes exchange

Sustainable fashion in a landmark building go hand in hand don't you think?

Preserve what is already created



IMG_7212


 
This was our  gracious host Mary Elam
 
Mary is pure sweetness, she welcomed  me with her warm smile and  she made me feel right at home




IMG_7208


 
I got this beauty!
 
It needs minor adjustments

 


IMG_7220



I thought this mix was fabulous
I saw this dress and boots
This girl had a  stroke of genius mixing the 2 items
Perfect styling
Why didn't i think of that?




IMG_7217


The food was excellent!
 
 
 
IMG_7209


Another gorgeous Montreal stylish girl!



 
IMG_7216
 
Art???

 
 
IMG_7221
 

The swap was spread out in all B&B's rooms 

 
IMG_7214


 
More lovely Ladies
 
 
IMG_7219
 

 
IMG_7225
 
 
IMG_7215



 
IMG_7211


It was a well organized event
 
I love clothes exchange

These are my fav events

Feels  right to bring some to get some

Feels good to unite for a good cause

Doing our bit for our  planet

Cheers Ladies hoping to meet you again!


Je vous fait la bise

Ariane xxxx

16 comments:

Connie said...

That just seems like so much fun. They must have been delighted to have you with your awesome style. Wish there was something like that around here.

Suzanne Carillo Style Files said...

What a cool idea. I love it.

bisous
Suzanne

Sacramento Amate said...

sUCH A BRILLIANT IDEA. i WISH SOMEBODY DID IT IN sPAIN.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

What a gorgeous building, Ariane. And the clothes look so unexpected and fun - I can see many pieces for you!

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Mom the pics from the event are great, you showcased it so well, I am still so sad I was too sick to get out of the house :( Maybe next time.

love

izzy

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

What a fun event, Ariane! I really like what you got and cannot wait to see the Ariane-spin put on it...You are the talent!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Looks like such a gorgeous place! And your host looks adorable!

Luna Tiger said...

Oh lala ! Je ne savais pas que tu connaissais l'adresse du paradis !!!
Quel évènement génial, j'adore les trocs de vêtements !
As-tu trouvé des belles choses ?
http://selenite.weebly.com

sabine said...

Hello Ariane,
a house full of wonderful clothes from other stylish woman. That makes you happy of course. Unfortunately I never heart of such an event here!
Sabine xxx

rosyragpatch said...

The clothes exchange looks like a really good idea. You found a gorgeous outfit.

PinkCheetahVintage said...

I love this idea and I am interested in the details of how they organized it to make it fair.
So cool!
Becky :)

kaffesoester said...

What a beautiful house! It made all the clothes stand out, and the gorgeous ladies too! We don't have events like this - here people want money for their clothes, so they arrange flea markets, with clothes only - and pricier!

Hope your daughter is better soon!

Vix said...

That maxi skirt is so beautiful it makes me go weak at the knees! What a great event, stunning location and so many lovely looking girls, too. I wish we had such fab events here! xxx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I LOVE the girl in the red dress with the clunky boots, so damn cool! x

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh I would love to go to a clothing swap so much! I love what you chose and can't WAIT to see you in it, while the other guests look so happy and delish in their "new" clothes;) xo

Lynne DeVenny said...

I think a clothing swap is a wonderful idea, but if they do them here, I don't know anything about it.

I always wondered if taking turns is involved and how that is arranged?