MIB ADD

Thursday, November 15, 2012

More Office Wear and A Bit of Shopping

Hi Ladies!

Today i am sharing with you more office wear - Ariane's way -

and some thrifted  and retail items i acquired lately

Yes! you read well the devil of all devil Retail -

I not hiding it - I love shopping at charity shops and  also retail -

 Retail will update or compliment a piece of clothing from another era - Well It is my opinion! - I am not there to convince you of what is right or wrong -
 I just like to show you!
And you make your own choices -


IMG_6657

 Work wear #1

This first outfit is all thrift finds

Sweater - St-Vincent de Paul - $1
Dress - St-Vincent de Paul - $2
Belt , gift from Mr. D - Top Secret Charity Shop - $0.50



IMG_6666

Work Wear # 2

This outfit is a mix of retail and thrift finds
The 80s or 90s necklace is one of my favorite finds


Sweater- St Vincent de Paul  $1

I know -  St-Vincent de Paul is dirt cheap because they hold every month a half price sale and this is when i go !

Skirt - Renaissance - $4
Boots - Retail -
Necklace - Vintage 80s or 90s

 Now some thrift and retail items i purchased lately


Dress Vintage $10


IMG_6669


Retail -


IMG_6671


Thrift find Fringues & Cie - YWCA Montreal



IMG_6672

Retail

IMG_6673

Thrifted -


IMG_6670


Thrifted - $5


IMG_6668

 
Office wear #3

Cardi - St-Vincent de Paul - $2
Sweater underneath the cardi - Retail -
Skirt thrifted at Renaissance - $4
Necklace - Vintage - $2

IMG_6662

This is not work wear but i could be

Call it fun wear

Non seriously i love this jacket!

I found it while thrifting with my mom  last week

$6

Mint condition!  i think it wasn't worn at all

IMG_6660


I am flying off to my forever happy destination

I will be back soon!

*******


Word of wisdom - Get respect Ladies!

Mom  is an ongoing source of inspiration  for me -

 Some of you know that she conducts a choir
She had a bit a trouble with a Lady attending the choir - 

The Lady was telling her how to do conduct the choir  and was interupting the class constantly!

Mom didn't know how to handle this Lady -

At last she did something ! - I am proud of you Mom!

Mom said - You are welcome to take over if you think i'm not doing a good job conducting this choir  -


Get Respect!

Je vous fais la bise

Ariane xxxx

30 comments:

Dressing Up For Me said...

Your outfits, thrift and retail finds never fail to amaze me, Ariane! You really are the best in mixing and matching prints and colors. :)

PS: Regarding your Mom, that´s the spirit! ;)

Joni said...

You are so darn cute! I love your taste in clothing. I bet you get a lot of compliments at work. I can't wait to see you model the little vintage dress very soon, okay?
And that little playful coat is just darling. You have great taste.

Connie said...

Adorable comme toujours! Je suis si contente que tu as trouve French Girl in Seattle!
Connie*

The Style Crone said...

Your pieces are gorgeous, no matter where you find them. You have THE eye! I'm loving your hair and the happiness that I see in your eyes and your smile.

Good for your Mom. We all deserve the respect that at times we need to demand.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Love all your outfits and the pink highlight in your hair. You are just amazing, dear Ariane.

Penny-Rose said...

I love the work outfits - the cardigans especially.

Penny-Rose said...

I love the work outfits - the cardigans especially.

Danisha said...

Le t shirt tigre omg!!

Ms Bubu said...

Vive ta mère! :)
J'aime bcp l'ensemble 2, mois jsuis une fan finie du rayé! Et j'aime aussi St-Vincent de Paul à Québec, leur vente à moitié prix est géniale! J'ai déja acheté tout plein de chapeux, souliers en cuir, etc :)

Forest City Fashionista said...

Great story about your Mom - we all need to learn to speak out to people who are not treating us respectfully. I love the pink in your hair! The vintage dress in the shades of rust and orange is adorable, and the little fur trimmed jacket is perfect on you, especially when you wear it with a bright skirt and tights.

Helen said...

Oh that last photo is unbelievable .. love your look and most of all LOVE your hair!!!!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Your pink hair is so fetching! And so are your work outfits - love that hot pink skirt with the red boots. xoxoxoxo

chrissi said...

That orange plaid vintage dress is gorgeous! Great find!

http://fieryfinish.blogspot.com

sabine said...

hey ariane,
you found some really fine pieces, especially the marvellous vintage dress. i agree with joni, i look forward to see how you will mix it.
my favorite of your office dresses is no. 1 and of course i love your warm jacket. i have a nearly similar one and think about adding some coloured braids.
congrats to your mom she found the right words. respect is not a one way road. i respect others and expect to get it back.
you look great as always and if as you have much fun! go on this way ariane!

Melanie said...

It has taken me FOREVER to learn to speak out in my own defence - I'm still working on it!

You look fantastic in all of these outfits. Your jackets are incredible, the red, the blue, and the coat. Wow. And I do love that lion T you bought retail. The pink looks good!

Mary Lou said...

omg so many beautiful things i don´t know where to start with admiring haha well that red cardigan is really fabulous and i love your fur jacket of the last picture and that tiger top is amazing too!
kiss,mary
http://www.maryloucinnamon.com

Marla said...

I don't know which outfit I like the most because they are all amazing. Those colors are gorgeous. I can't believe you thrifted those items. AWESOME!

CityScape Skybaby said...

I seem to have missed loads of your blogs Ariane, my commenting has got very haphazard lately. Love all your finds here, I like a bit of retail now and again too, sometimes it is just what you need to tie older things together. Your vintage dress for $10 looks like something you will get a lot of wear out of and I love the red snakeskin shoes too. Good on your mum for standing up for herself, it's still something I struggle with. xx

Ms. Dainty Doll said...

You look stunning, love the officewear!! The items you thrifted are gorgeous, super!! I agree with your mom, you have to get respect...I really need to do that! My mother in law is constantly giving her two cents into how we are with our girls and it drives me crazy, she doesn't ask if I already know these things, she just assumes no one else knows things & it's her duty to poke in and say them. I really must stand up for myself & let her know I am an intelligent woman and quite capable of anything thrown my way & if I need an answer, I am capable of asking for it. This was a great post, I needed it!! I hope you enjoy your forever happy place doll!! Xxx

Sacramento Amate said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my dear Ariane, how I love a bargain.
You are JUST fabulous.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Vix said...

So much glorious colour and fabulousness. that pink pencil skirt is gorgeous with the red tights and you look adorable in that fluffy jacket.
Well done to your Mum for standing up to that bully. It's a lot harder for older people to bite back, they're much more tolerant than we are! xxx

pastcaring said...

Lovely colourful looks, as always, Ariane. Love the vintage shift dress you found, and the floral shirt, and the very snuggly jacket.
Good for your mum, we all need to be assertive from time to time! xxx

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Loving the red boots, the $10 vintage dress, the white tiger shirt!! Love seeing all the new stuff :))

Lyosha said...

great finds, Ariane! I love the tiger tee!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Izzywizz said...

I love your last outfit, it put a huge smile on my face. :) I love how well the red and white/cream go together.

wardrobeexperience said...

i adore the red cardi from work wear#1 ... it's great. can't wait to see you wearing this 60s vintage dress.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

fashionoverfifty said...

Ariane~ I saw a part of the first photo on Instagram, and just had to see more. What a gorgeous jacket--as is ALL OF THE OUTFITS! I almost want to move there just for the bargains (but I HATE COLD!)

kaffesoester said...

I love how you're paired the pink skirt with red tights and booties, and stripes! The necklace would be a favorite of mine too if I had it!

All the outfits are gorgeous, but the last one really expresses happiness and warmth. You could be an advertisement for clothing, toothpaste, hair colour or a holiday in Canada!

Good to hear that your mom got the respect she deserves!

Claire Justine said...

Love all your outfits,red is such a bright and cheerful colour...love it ,I need more red in my life :)

carrievintage said...

love your new tiger top and flower shirt <3