MIB ADD

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Seventies Show


Hi Ladies!
Well for this post i 'm doing the inspiration thing again

I'm a mega magazinivore -  I mean i buy a lot of magazines - I just made the word up !
A bit of terminology after all i am certified translator


 Here is the inspiration from one magazine
IMG_6635


Mr. D says i have a shop full of magazines
Plus a whole lot of frocks
Mom says how many charity shops do you know and go every week?
What shall i do with myself?
Go to rehab?
I do not think so
I recycled all my magazines and donate when i do a major purge a lot of my frocks to diverse charities
Here we go! I am saved from rehab and i will continue shopping and buying magazines

Here my version


IMG_6636

How much did my version cost?

Jacket - $2
Turtleneck - $4
Skirt - $4
Boots - $6
Hat -  $3 - This is a gorgeous hat by the way

Total cost - $19


 
IMG_6631


Tomorrow Izzy and I are going to Birds of North America. Flash Sale at Quartier Mode
We will see the lovely designer Hayley and maybe i will find something fab at 70% off!


Tonight going to my mom to give her a bit of a cut -

She needs to have some bits of hair here and there cut
She said it would cost her $20- Can you believe it?  - I said i will do it for you - More money for you mom to go to the thrift shop

She is as bad as me!

I will bring her as well some pink hair gel -

My mom is a 70 year old gorgeous rebel , one of those days i will have her on my blog!


IMG_6633

Hat's off to you Ladies

I will see you soon

Je vous fais la bise

Ariane xxxx

25 comments:

fashion doctor said...

wow , Ariane,so chic! great shooting,love your blazer! xxxxxxxx

Mary Lou said...

woooooow this burgundy and yellow combo is absolutely gorgeous! i love autumn with colors like that;)
kiss,mary
http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Looking smoking hot mom! Love the outfit. Can't wait to hang tomorrow at Birds ;)

Vix said...

You know me, I'm all about the Seventies and I totally love your outfit. Velvet, boots, crazy hat, what's there not to love?
At least our charity shop addiction means we get to help those in need by doing what we love best, shopping!
Have fun and get lots of bargains! x

the domestic fringe said...

So fun! Great colors too.
~FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

Magazinivore...I love it! I'm one, too. I love popping in to see what's new and fun in your world.

fashionoverfifty said...

Love that maroon on you--I love to do the same thing, get a look from a mag and do it for less!

Kudos to you~

Forest City Fashionista said...

I'm really enjoying your "Magazine style inspirations". This is such a delicious colour combination, and to think it cost you under $20!
You are definitely one of my shopping heroes. I regularly go through my wardrobe and donate clothing to local charities otherwise my bedroom would be just one large closet.

Franca said...

I love the seventies colours!

Marla said...

That jacket was quite a find!

Joni said...

Certainly DO NOT go to rehab for fashion my dear Ariane! Who would I then aspire to? You are one of my all time favorites and I've been following you way before I even thought about having a style blog of my own.
Yes, let's see your fabulous mother. We've seen your fabulous daughter, what could be any less??

Love this 70's vibe on you!

Danisha said...

J'adore le chapeau!

Psycho Cat said...

I love your inspiration, boots are perfect :D

Krista said...

Great job at making it you own! Vix has totally made me love and appreciate the clothing of the 70's so much more. Yeah for putting a lil pink in Mom's hair too.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Velvet is starting to call my name. Looking fine Ariane!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Cannot believe the price on those fabulous boots, Ariane! You look wonderful, and how sweet that you can cut your mother's hair for her : >

Melanie said...

You are on a roll here. What are you eating? You look so great! The spray-paint on the wall behind you jumps out fantastically with your outfit. I'm so glad you're not going to rehab!! I love your new word - magazinivore.

pastcaring said...

Love the colours and textures here, Ariane, and the hat is a beauty! xxx

sabine said...

please do not stop it! go on buying magazines and showing us your fabulous interpretions. no magazin is inspiring me more than you and your stylish outfits.
i look forward to seeing your mother with wonderful pink hair.
live life abundantly my dear!

Claire Justine said...

Wow love this look,I need to get some magazines to inspire me,i'm not to good at putting outfits together,love your jacket fantastic buy,you look great :)

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

You light up every outfit you wear. This is yet another totally amazing outfit. Tres cool! Frosty cool.

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Loved this look mom, your on my Friday faves today on my blog :)

bizoux!

grunge-queen said...

I love your 70s look - fab!

Thank you for your very kind comment about my cat Dinky. I really appreciate the thoughts. xoxo

Heather said...

Love this outfit and love your photography ~Wonderful!! I have been using my phone a lot lately not as good detail but still fun to use. And the photo apps they have out now make it fun also to play with all these pictures. ~Have a great weekend Love Heather

Terri said...

Can't wait to meet your mom--three generations of thrifters. that's remarkable.