MIB ADD

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Orange trends, Proportions and Vintage

Hi Ladies!

I started this post last night  after supper figuring i could finish it, but i didn't - I had too many things to do before bedtime which is around 10 pm - i wake up at 5h30 am-

I have a week routine - you  need one when you work

My kids are all grown up and flew the nest but it seems i am as busy as ever but it is all good, most of my activities are  or my well being, peace of mind  and my interests
 
What about your week routine?

Photobucket

I am wearing the sweater i wore for apple picking with a pencil skirt

This fall winter trend is all about proportions


Long, bulky, short, high, low all in the same outfit


I admit i check trends , but i do not embrace all of them and i like to think that you do not have to choose retail to follow trends  - Thrift shops have it all-  Patience is required sometimes


I am a mix of - I follow  trends , i don't  follow  trends and i don't care  what i wear i just want to wear what makes me happy


What about you?
 I paired the outfit with those orange sandals that i love so much and you love so much!  I pretty well figured out how to deal with the black dye running - I will wear them with black tights or black socks if these beauties are needed  to venture out -


But  you must admit it looks damm good with those orange socks!



Photobucket


I was reunited with this skirt - It was left  in a bag in the basement- i found it
  as i was looking for clothing that was put away due to lack of interest or weight gain!

But i lost 10 pounds lately and it fits me perfectly!

Photobucket

Second outfit


No trends there! Pure vintage and put it in the category - I wear it because it makes me happy!

I must admit i did care what people tought when i was younger but now at 52 i do not care really  what people think - It such a nice feeling not to care what people think - That is freedom for you!



 Back to the pants....80s i think, correct me if i am wrong, I found them at La Gaillarde- They were a bit big at the hips - i had them taking in a bit by my  fabulous seamstress- If you are  Montreal reader and need a good seamstress let me know! -


I could not leave the pants behind at La Gaillarde, they were so unique !


Photobucket


I just love those details !

I didn't know what to wear with the pants,  some of you girls would think that there would be a lot of styling options - I say not really , to get the right look and impact you need that special piece .The choice happened in a split second - i stopped thinking about it and  it all came to me!



I paired  the pants with that fabulous 70s top I bought in Portland Maine last summer

Photobucket



Sorry girls no history bit about my hood or town this time

I know you like it!

Izzy and I are going to 2 stores opening this week - Doc Martens and  Mochico a store in the hipster area of Mtl - Le Plateau   -


They will be my next 2 posts i guess -



*****

I hope you enjoyed this post

I will be back soon

Je vous fais la bise

Ariane xxxx

30 comments:

Lynn Dylan said...

Looking great! I love the brightness of the first outfit! I so wish I could wear yellow, but I just can't! Argh! Love the orange socks and shoes!!

xoxo
Lynn

Margaret Ruskin said...

I love both of these outfits. I have had a love affair with Orange since my 20s. Glad when it is in fashion, really don't care when it isn't.

That yellow sweater is just fabulous!

Vix said...

You look so cute in yellow & you know how much I love those orange sandals, I wish they were mine! Loving that rainbow coloured top, too!
I love finding a new second-hand piece and trying it with different stuff until it feels good. I don't follow trends either, who wants to be a follower when you can be a leader?
Have a fantastic rest of the week, enjoy your store openings, you celebrity! xxx

Forest City Fashionista said...

Those sandals look just perfect with the orange socks; I love the pairing of orange and blue. The teal pants are very cool, and I think you chose the perfect top to wear them with, something fitted to balance out the wide legs.
Enjoy the store openings - I would love to go to the Doc Marten one.

Boheme.Fille said...

Love that yellow sweater and the colorful top! Very stylish!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Oh my, the yellow jumper and the orange sandals. Love, love, love! You're absolutely right to wear what feels right. xx

The Pugnacious Vegetarian said...

Hi! I'm Mandy and I found your blog through Vix and Helga. I live in Plattsburgh, NY, just a little south of Montreal. I am looking forward to checking out your blog. I am also madly in love with those orange sandals :)

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You always look so cute! The socks are great and I really love the detailing on those pants!!

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

I love your posts no matter what! This post is full of personality and great styling ideas. You look so good in bright colors!!

Franca said...

I love the orange shoes and socks!

sabine said...

as i have an eight to five job a certain routine in the morning is necessary and in the evening too sometimes, to get things done.
of course i check trends, but sometimes i'm bored when every shop window shows the same and everybody looks alike. buying in second hand shops and on the fleamarket is like getting a showbag and it boosts creativity, so i actually do not need trends to follow. what i like is to take fashion not so serious but to wear clothes with a twinkle in the eye.
have some nice hours with your daughter and enjoy your days! lieben gruß von sabine

Helga! said...

Those orange sandals are heavenly!
You've got some great colour going on here!
Trends? I notice then around me, and if there is something I like I just wait until it's not a trend and then I find it in the thrift shops!As you say,you just have to be patient!
XXX

Psycho Cat said...

Woooow, pants from second outfit are beyond amazing :D

Joni said...

What an awesome splash of unexpected orange. Love it! I'm in lust over that colorful vintage top too Ariane. You have great style all the time. ;) Even apple picking in that yellow sweater.

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Oh yes, work those great sandals, Ariane! And the yellow sweater is super-fabulous, great to see it for work.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love both outfits, they are gorgeous. I don't follow trends really, if something comes out that I like I'll get it, but I don't think trends are great. It's just someone telling you what to wear so you can look like everyone else and fit in. I rather dress as I feel too and go by my own thoughts, much more fun that way :)) Have a super day xx

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Love both outfits. Yep, I am thinking I kind of remember pants like that in the 80's. Love the orange shoes with orange socks. It makes them read like a pair of booties.

The Style Crone said...

Your outfits make me happy too! I am a fan of your orange sandals and appreciate them with the socks. I too dress for myself, for fun and self expression.

wardrobeexperience said...

can't tell you what i love more ... the pants or this skirt! i love to refound pieces.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

CityScape Skybaby said...

I don't work Ariane, but my routine is around my oldest three children going to school.

I love that yellow jumper with the pencil skirt and you're right, the socks are cute with the shoes! The top you picked with the trousers is great too.
Enjoy your outings with your daughter, the doc martens shop would be very tempting.
Glad we found each other on Instagram though at first it wouldn't let me send you a comment.My comments are always really messed up on Instagram anyway, it always sends them before I've finished writing them. xx

Melanie said...

Incredible. Those orange shoes are like magic slippers - everything you wear with them becomes enchanted! And your yellows...! Wonderful looks, both of them.

Danisha said...

je suis complètement fan du bog Ariane, les looks, les photos, vraiment parfait!

kaffesoester said...

I love the top outfit so much - the colours are juicy! I've never seen trousers like yours, but the details are fabulous! I'm so happy to see you wear those great orange sandals!

creativefashionglee said...

I really enjoy seeing you in colors, it´s very refreshing. that sweater is a treasure, looks so good with other bright colors and seems warm too. :)

Francesca Romana Capizzi said...

I like all of these outfits! I love these colors!

Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

shooting star said...

both the outfits are so cool!!!!!!!

the shirt in bright print is so so good!!!!!


yes ur right...its good to check trends but not succumb to them!!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

pastcaring said...

Loving all the colour, Ariane! The orange sandals look great with the orange socks but I agree they will work well against black socks/tights too.
I think you chose a brilliant top to go with your pleat front trousers. I often find that the outfit that I planned doesn't look the way it did in my head when I actually wear it, so I like to play around with combinations, and hopefully get there in the end!
You have good instincts, I think, and know what works for you. That's a much better skill than slavishly following trends! xxx

Mrs. D said...

Hello :)
I am totally up for doing the swap!
Send me an email to glitzykitty@gmail.com so we can exchange details!!!

Hugs

Bella Q said...

You really make it look effortless. And down right amazing. The pants seem like a hard to style piece- but that top and those pants- perfect! Not trying to hard for maximum impact. Have a great week.

amberbee said...

Looks great! Very chic! If you like it, follow my lifestyle & fashion blog. Let me know in the comments and i will follow back :)

http://prettylittlethingsbyab.blogspot.com/