MIB ADD

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Meet Shelley

Hi Ladies!
Lets start the week with Shelley!
Another Canadian Blogger i just discovered
Shelley lives in London Ontario
She also does Street Style photography
Her blog is http://www.forestcityfashionista.com/
Another over 40ish sensational blogger
Never boring!

Here we go ....


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

10 facts about Shelley....

My favourite thing to do when I was a kid was to draw pictures of my favourite movie stars and then mail them the drawings. I was the only child in my small town who was getting mail from Hollywood, CA.

I performed a routine with a live boa constrictor in a friend's burlesque show

I always wanted to be a dancer, and have taken classes in ballet, tap, flamenco, and modern dance

I didn't learn to drive until I turned 40, and still don't have my license

Canadian writer Alice Munro and I went to the same high school (at different times), and we had the same high school English teacher
I always do my own income taxes
I just recently re-learned how to roller skate, and have my own pair of black old-school skates

I can recite the names of all of Elizabeth Taylor's husbands in chronological order.

I'm a very good mimic (that's mimic, not Mime!)

One of my few regrets is that I never had the patience to learn how to sew, or do any kind of crafts, for that matter
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you are a over 40ish Canadian  fashion blogger let me know!
I would love to meet you!

Hope you enjoyed Shelley

I will be back soon

Have a fabulous week!

Ariane xxxxxx

21 comments:

Vix said...

I love Shelley! She's gorgeous, fabulously dressed, witty and wonderful. Thanks for sharing her with us, she's a star! xxxx

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

OK, Shelley, is seriously cute!! And I respect her highly for the boa constrictor act!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Shelley has a very cool style - thanks for introducing us. I love it that she roller skated, but doesn't have her driver's license yet - you go, Shelley!

Terri said...

She has such a distinctive style. She's new to me and thanks to YOU, I will check out her blog soon.

Melanie said...

Shelley is ultra cool, a fearless diva in the best sense! I always love her individual looks and her street style snapshots. I am familiar with her part of Canada and applaud her wildly for adding flair to the landscape there!! Thanks, Ariane, for helping us learn more about the fabulous Shelley! Snakes and rollerskates - isn't there a song about that?

modniza said...

wow,stylish lady! love black skirt! xooo

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh wow thank you so much for introducing me to Shelley! She sounds and looks amazing - pettiskirt and frilly hat, yay!!!!! And love the thought of her getting mail from CA as a kid:) xo

pastcaring said...

Shelley's great! Her own style is fabulous, and she always selects interesting folk to photograph and share too.
You're doing a good job of publicising the world of Canadian style blogging, Ariane, well done! xxxxxxx

The Dainty Dolls House said...

She is beautiful...love her cheerful ways!! xx

Misfits Vintage said...

I already love Shelley too - thanks for sharing these wonderful pics - how did I miss that fab black tulle skirt outfit???

Sarah xxx

Franca said...

Je suis hereux de la recontrer! Merci!

SACRAMENTO said...

I loved Shelley, ahhhhhhhhhh quirky and gorgeous, so up my alley.
Off to check her blog, and thank you for sharing inspiration, dear Ariane.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

O D Y S S E Y said...

how cool is she?! thanks for this post. shelley has great style.

i look forward to more features on over-40 canadian style bloggers!

Bella Q said...

I think I discovered this gem of a blogger through you- I love her irrepressible style AND the fact that she too does a street style blog and an awesome one at that- (I'm a happy subscriber) Thank you for featuring this lovely Canadian plus forty blogger! the Citizen Rosebud

Forest City Fashionista said...

Thank you all for your incredibly flattering comments! One of the best things that has come out of my blog is that I have been able to connect with so many other over-40, fabulous women. Big hugs to the wonderful bloggers who continue to inspire, entertain, and support me. X0 Shelley

J n Nty said...

Totally love ur style
http://shana-style.blogspot.com

The Jones said...

What crazy, witty, funky fashion Shelley has! Thanks for the feature.

<3 cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

wardrobeexperience said...

oh, she reminds me on a co-worker ... but my co-worker isn't dresses that way.
shelley's style is amazing. i have to check out her blog!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

Isabel Bianchi said...

Wow!! Great discovery!
Love her style!
Very eclectic and personal!
Thanks for sharing!
xoxo
MY LITTLE SUEDE SHOES

GlamorousGirl said...

cute!!!

http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

Krista said...

Loving Shelley's style wow! I'm going to check out her blog for sure. I love how different she looks in all these pictures too!