MIB ADD

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The 8 Dollar Trend - The Large Belt And Neon Colors

Hi Ladies!

Again sorry if i do not reply to all of you lovelies! but i do my best to check all your marvelous blogs!
This is the $8 trend again
I am thinking of doing it on a permanent basis and i will hook up eventually with the tool that will permit you to link up with the $8 trend- You will be able to show me and the world your version of  $8 trend
But give some time -

This is marvelous idea comes from one of my favorite blogger Lorena
Check out her blog!

This dress was too big and too long, but it did not stop me purchasing it, i loved the 80s style, the neon blue and the 2 color bow

Photobucket

The dress was shorten and i wore it with a large belt et voilĂ  magic!
 Now it looks just right for me
Photobucket


Photobucket

These are the shoes i wore with the dress
Photobucket

Do not be afraid to buy something too big or too long or a bit damaged, there are always ways to fix those issues -

Photobucket

I wore for this post....

Dress - Thrifted at Renaissance - $4
Belt - gift Mr. D - .50 cents
Shoes - Thrifted at Renaissance - $3.50

Total cost $8

Who needs to spend lots of money on trendy clothes ?????

I will be back soon

Je vous fait la bise

Ariane xxxx

22 comments:

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

This is totally inspiring!! I love the stuff from the eighties. It's easy to get for next to nothing, and with a little creativity (like yours!) it can look totally current. I'm impressed with your shoe selection. I probably would've grabbed some boots, thinking it would bring it all "up to date", but I like your Enzos even better. You look mahvelous, dahling!!!

Love, Jean

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Tres jolie! I often buy things too large at the thrift, then I belt them. I am too lazy to shorten things, however : > I adore your colorful shoes.

Melanie said...

You are the person who can make me love eighties style again! Your remake is just right, and your Enzo shoes, well, they are perfect, especially with that popping green toe!

Thrifted Shift said...

You're rocking that giant belt. I have a really hard time with big belts, very jealous!
--TS

Asta said...

very true..you def don't have to spend tons to look good..i love the shirt and the shoes are fabulous. take care.

http://cactusandcucumber.blogspot.com/

Krista said...

I am loving how you dolled up the dress and it looks fab on you!!! The shoes are also just perfect! I love the price tag best of all!

SACRAMENTO said...

Brilliant outfit Ariane, ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Loving everything about it.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anastasia from Natbeesfashion said...

The shoes are fantastic!!!
And you are right never be afraid to buy damaged things there is always a way to fix it!
Thanks for your comment :)
xo

Mary Lou said...

good that you bought that dress because it really looks gorgous, love that shade of blue and the bow and with the belt it looks just perfect, it´s definitely worth sometimes buy things which are not perfect first but change them and transform them in something superfabulous;)
love and kiss,mary

Pippy O Hara said...

Everything for $8 woo- hoo - wonderful :)

sepatuholic said...

Very nice flats! Love the color and the model....
http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com

Vix said...

I don't usually like 1980s fashion but on you I love it and would seriously wear that frock myself! You look gorgeous, Ariane!!!
I never let too big or damage put me off buying something fabulous either!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Forest City Fashionista said...

What a fab outfit--can't believe it was only $8.00! The dress looks adorable shortened and belted and you always look so good in bright blue with your red hair.
I've bought a few 80's dresses in the last 6 months at secondhand stores but the cheapest one I found was $10.

The Style Crone said...

Neon blue with a large belt! What could be better! Your thrifting skills are beyond extraordinary. I am so impressed. I too overlook a bit of damage if an item speaks to me.

Terri said...

The belt totally rescues the dress. At least with shoes, I have begun branching out to try different sizes and sometimes DH will do a small repair on the shoes. that's good advice.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look marvelous, love those blues :))) x

busana muslim said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..

pastcaring said...

That shade of electric blue is fabulous on you, Ariane! I've definitely come back to 80s styles with a fresh eye lately; as
always, the look is all in the styling, which you do to perfection!
have a lovely weekend, my friend. xxxx

Lorena said...

So when are we doing it ?
Just holler and I'll have my outfit ready !
:)

wardrobeexperience said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaadorable outfit. wow!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

Mrs. D said...

I love love love this outfit! the colours, the bow, the shoes... all for $8, wow!

Jazmine Jade said...

This is really cute!