MIB ADD

Friday, November 18, 2011

Groovy November


Bonjour Fabulous People!

It is a quiet Friday for me - no doctor's appointment, no physio, no massage therapist, no nothing and this good - Yesterday was busy - I had to drop papers to be filled out by the doctor for my short term disability insurance, and by the way this cost me a  $100 -! I almost choked! We have a public health care system here but it seems that the extras are very lucrative for the doctors, anyhoo, hooo and more hoooo, better not complain too much, I have a family doctor and around here this is what a good part  of the population  is dreaming to have -

What else did i do...I dropped my insurance claims downtown, made a video for Vix in the park, she wanted to ear my voice, wanted to know if i sounded a bit like Colette in Pan Am... but she could not opened my video e-mail,  too bad, but good too, i looked funny, you know when you are filming yourself and you do not know where to look but at same time you want  to look at the screen just to see how you look like, oh well...

Good News! physio is starting to work, less pain! first time in 4 weeks that the pain is endurable, but still need to do more physio...and of course, rest lots of rest!
Went to Montreal's underground city while waiting for Izzy  - For your info - it is  the longest underground city in the world -

This is what the Web says - 

HEART OF THE UNDERGROUND PEDESTRIAN NETWORK
Montreal's underground pedestrian network, which began beneath the Central Station complex, took off during the 1960s when Place Ville-Marie was built.
This initial core would expand considerably with the construction of Place Bonaventure. The metro, which opened in 1966, would extend it much farther still.
Here too, the transportation infrastructures criss-cross and complement each other. The elegant Place Bonaventure metro station, for instance, designed by Montreal architect Victor Prus, links the CN complex with the rest of the city and allows pedestrians to reach Windsor Station without venturing outdoors.

Did some fast fashion shopping with Izzy at Forever 21 - Yes i confess i went there!

Now today's outfit -

Sweater thrifted at Renaissance Montreal
Suede and faux fur Vest thrifted at Fringues &Cie  -YWCA
Parasuco Pants - Parasuco is a Canadian company - thrifted at Fringues & Cie - YWCA
Fish Necklace - Purchased in the underground city
Shoes - H &M

Enjoy! Have a good weekend Ladies

Je vous fais la bise xxxxx

Ariane
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

31 comments:

Anne said...

Glad your pain is easing! Love your outfit! Have a fantastic weekend:)
~Anne

modniza said...

stunning! lovely cool outfit! xoo

just me said...

hope you'll be ok very soon. always like to read your post. the outfit is remarkable :)))

http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com

Ms. Givens said...

The Fish necklace is perfect with those cool pants. I have only been to Atlanta's underground and it was disappointing.
I like Forever21. ;)

pastcaring said...

So pleased to hear that the pain is easing a little. I hope that improvement continues.
Look at you in that fabulously colourful outfit! You look about 18!
I love all the textures. And the nail varnish!
Have a great weekend. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mary Lou said...

wow colours colours and colours, this is a fall look i love my dear!! the red pants go so well with your turquois jumper and i love this paisley embroiderd vest!
great outfit!
love and kiss,mary

fashionoverfifty said...

wow--those pants are stunning! They look almost fllourescent in the pics--they look like they are a velvet? Cool.
I have been on the montreal subway back in the 70's and was very impressed. It was clean and swift.
Glad to hear the therapy is working--hope it continues to improve!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

So glad you are starting to feel better Ariane!! And your outfit is super-cool. Love that vest and the colorful fish.

Tinfoil Tiaras said...

I love Collette in Pan Am-she's my favourite! I just love the bright colours you've injected into this outfit! I'm glad you;re feeling better but yowza on the cost of the bill!

Jothi said...

Love your whole ensemble! and the different coloured nails, I do that too sometimes :)

just tututiny said...

You always look so color coordinated! Beautiful. I love the vest and the detail designs on it! Have a great weekend my dear.

sacramento said...

I love your artistic combination of colours, and those fab nails.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Glad you are feeling better! I remember the subway in Montreal..it wasn't scary to me years ago like the one in New York was! You look so great...as always..the fingernails are so much fun!! I do not think ANYONE has easy answers to healthcare...it is so annoying..

jhopes70 said...

picture is really nice

landing page designs

Meagan said...

Glad to hear your pain is lessening. Hope it gets better still though! Love your orange pants! Thanks for linking up!
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

hippiebohoreloaded. said...

love that waistcoat, so pretty

Anne @ The Frump Factor said...

I'm so glad you're starting to feel a little better. I would imagine that those awesome colors boost your spirits, too! Love the fingernails and the fish necklace, especially.

wardrobeexperience said...

love your hippiwe-esque vest and all those bright colours of this outfit.
thanks for the fun nail polish inspiration. :)

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Mom Fashion World said...

I should definitely visit this place when I got to Montreal.
Awww, it's nice to see you on colorful outfit!
I j'adore the vibrant pants!

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

that color combination is superb as always! love love how you pull off that gorgeous velvet trousers! huge fan of that gorgeous sweater, what a color

Vix said...

I'm dying to hear you speak, I don't believe you could ever look funny. You are gorgeous!
Love those orange pants and that gilet. You look like a rad skater girl.
So glad your pain's easing. Bad news about that ridiculous fee, think of all the fun you could have spending $100 arghhhh!
Loads and loads of love to you. xxxxxxxxx

La Dama said...

Hola Amor!
Your not so bad yourself adorar your loca colorful stytle.
loving your orange pants and different colored polish.
Too bad about the spending xtra mula.I hate dr's appointments.
I bet you have a marvelous accent.
besotes

aki! said...

Wow, your outfit looks so bright and cozy. I like the effect your nails add to the outfit as well.

Jenni Wells - Stop Making Sense said...

Those pants!! So cool.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh honey you are the most glorious creature ever!!!! Every single item and detail is incredible and I love the way the light hits you in the pics - drooooooooooling over it all baby - feck me you're amazing!!!!!!!! I've heard of the underground city, makes good sense for those harsh winters. Have you tried putting your video on Vimeo? It's pretty easy to upload, even for a techno-phobe like me - I think we'd ALL like to hear the lilt of your voice:)))) xoxoxoxo

Indy said...

Wow, you are so stylish! I love your gloves and the painted nails...so chic!

Charlotte's House said...

Hello
Love your style and blog!!! Follow you!!!

SassyUptownChic said...

I am so happy that you are getting some relief. Very happy to hear that! Video taping is not easy. I understand what you're going through. I have a new admiration for actors and actresses. HAHAHA Love your outfit. That vest is fab, and those orange pants are awesome. I always love your cheery attitude. :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Love those bright pants and that delicate fish necklace!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
I'm having a giveaway...

O D Y S S E Y said...

i eliminated color from my wardrobe, slowly over the last couple of years (many reasons, blah blah blah) but i love seeing it on others, if done "right". you do it right!
there's something very appealing about milky turquoise and intense orange....so good in a cold climate. :)

Lorena said...

You had me at the vest - but, the nails.
I adore the nails !