MIB ADD

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Androgyne

Hi Lovely Ladies!


Doing well despite the constant pain, i was taking medication, muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory pills but i decided to stop, my stomach could not take it anymore, i will rely on physio, rest, exercises and positive attitude  to get well.


Lets move on to another subject....my weekend was fabulous -  Mr. D and I went to see a Quebec French movie called Mr. Lazhar directed by Philippe Farlardeau - Phillipe Farlardeau is the son of well know documentary and film director and activist  Pierre Falardeau-

Monsieur Lazhar is a 2011 Canadian drama film directed by Philippe Falardeau. The film has been selected as the Canadian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 84th Academy Awards[1] and it won the Best Canadian Feature Film award at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival.[2][3]

This is the story in a nut shell -

There are some sights a child was never meant to see. When a group of Montreal students finds their beloved teacher hanging from the ceiling of their elementary school classroom, the shock of the incident is, needless to say, traumatizing. Her replacement, Algerian refugee Bachir Lazhar (Monhamed Fellag), now has the doubly difficult task of reaching his distraught students while securing his own asylum from past tragedies in his homeland.


This long awaited movie that travelled all over the world and won numerous prizes was finally showed in Montreal - it brought tears to my eyes, i was deeply touched and moved.

If this movie comes your way please be sure to see it-

Now the post...the wonderful thing about blogging is that you can be anything you want, just let your creativity and imagination go completely wild - i choose this time to wear a masculine look with a vintage twist -

For the pics i used the faded effect to give a more retro look with the Ipod's App Camera +

I was wearing -

Hat - Purchased at Macy's NY
Jacket gift from Mr. D
Shirt - Thrifted at Renaissance
Bow tie - Thrifted at Renaissance
Pants - Thrifted at Salvation Army
Oxford - New  purchased at Spring Montreal

Enjoy - je vous fais la bise xxxxxxx

Ariane


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

29 comments:

Helga! said...

Squee! You look like a saucy little Oliver Twist!!! Gorgeous!
That movie sounds lovely and sad.It'll probably xome out at a film fest here,I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Gah,medication can be so rough on a tum.Nasty.I think anti-inflammatories are the worst.
Take care,I send positive healing vibes and love your way!XXX

Alyssa said...

You look so cool! @.@ <3

Mom Fashion World said...

Nice ensemble, darling!
I adore this outfit alot.

Get well soon.

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

hope you are getting better pretty soon lady! anyway, it is true what you are saying about blogging, it challenges you to be more creative! so true! love love the pants you are wearing, they fit you perfectly and i love the print!

hippiebohoreloaded. said...

really love your hat!

Beauty Follower said...

A really original boysh look!

Anne @ The Frump Factor said...

Very cute! That look really becomes you. Sorry about the pain and hope you feel better soon.

Anula said...

Gorgeous outfit! You look amazing!!

Pippy O' Hara said...

Love your outfit!! :)

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You look like a movie critic!! Thanks for the review...and do hope all of the pain gets under control soon...

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Oh I adore this menswear/boyswear look on you! You look fabulous. Thanks for participating in Visible Monday with your very cool self.

pastcaring said...

This is a wonderful look on you, Ariane, you look like a sulky teenage boy. Except MUCH better looking. And cool!
Hope the pain improves soon, take care. xxxxxxxxx

Vix said...

That film sounds right up my alley, I love a sad film.
I adore your outfit, you do look like a sexy Oliver Twist with the fingerless mitts, beret and checked trousers. Love it!
Hope you feel better this week. Loads of get well love. xxx

just me said...

oh dear, you got an amazing style. i'm your next follower.

http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

What a cool outfit. I love your style.

Style Sud-Est said...

Thank you ladies! i see i have 79 followers, wow! lets go for 100!

Love you all

Ariane xxxx

Carla McCarthy said...

I hope u feeling well today! Thanks for the sweet comment! Wishing you all the positive healing vibes and by the way i love your feminine / masculine style in this outfit!beijoss

htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

Ms. Givens said...

You look great!
That sounds like a movie that may someday hit our Circle Cinema. I will watch for it.

O D Y S S E Y said...

the movie sounds very interesting. we would not get anything so "cultured" around here! oh well.

your androgynous/femme look is great!

your leather jacket is similar to what i've been looking for.

Lorena said...

Here we only get Hollywood made movies.
Once or twice a year we get a few films from other countries, it's a shame because we don't get to see other types of films.
I absolutely adore this look, I am certain you will get many smiles.

JTWisdom said...

I hope you are feeling better. Coming by via Visible Monday.

I love your outfit, it all works so well.

aki! said...

Wow. You really took androgyny to a new level and I love the commitment. This is awesome and I wish I could pull it off. How did you find items that had this type of fit? Not cut femininely, but still fitted.

SERENA said...

Amazing hat! Love your blog...
If you want check out my fashion-blog!
I'll waiting for you!

Serena

sacramento said...

I adore that outfit you put together, dear friend. really inspiring in moments of weakness.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tinfoil Tiaras said...

I love how you pulled together these thrifted menswear pieces-the end result is very unique and very chic! That movie sounds upsetting but something I will put on my to-watch list!

Jothi said...

Hullo Ariane, I stumbled upon your blog sometime ago and decided to feature it in a post I wrote - 'Stylish After 50'. Here's the link
http://jothijeyasingam.blogspot.com/2011/11/stylish-after-50.

Love the way you dress and play around with colours.

Cheers!

Dressing Up For Me said...

Ariane, you look damn gorgeous in that maroon boy cap and black leather jacket!

I hope the pain goes away soon after the phisio and exercise.

Sending you hugs from here. :)

Frannie Pantz said...

These photos are sooooooo bad ass! I love the hat and the vest! You look freaking awesome! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog!

wardrobeexperience said...

love this look. pretty cool!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com