MIB ADD

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Y do I love this place....

This summer have been volunteering at Fringues & Cie- this is a thrift shop in the YWCA in downtown Montreal. A lot of my clothes are purchased at Fringues & Cie, I always find that little something missing in my closet or that great piece that you absolutely have to purchase which for me is every week!

Fringues & Cie is a non- lucrative organization helping women to insert the workplace.
The ladies get a paid work experience and a complete training in customer service.
Money spent at Fringues & Cie will finance activities that will promote socioprofessionnal insertion.
 I loved volunteering at Fringues &Cie this summer especially because Ericka who is in charge of the thrift shop is such a sweet lady.
 I bought that night a wonderful lace dress that I will remix with all kind of funky pieces , a snake pattern skirt that can be worn every season-  and a sweater with an ethnic pattern.
 Can wait to see more Fall clothing in the store, they already put out some pieces, and I will surely be there often!

The pics were taken with my reflex and then treated with the App Camera +
I was wearing that night –
Top – Lush – Winners - Montreal
Skirt – Fringues et Cie (YWCA Montreal)
Sandals – Ardene

Enjoy the pics - Ariane  xxxxxx

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

What a wonderful-looking shop! I adore the lace dress (and your co-worker's expression). Your striped top looks fab too.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Oh my, I would love to volunteer in a place like this...it looks like so much fun. It would be really gratifying to help the women who come in and of course, it is fun to find your own treasures!

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

me and stephane both agree this post is awesome! Good work mom!

Terri said...

What a delightful shop and the look on the clerk's face is too good

Style Sud-Est said...

Thank you all i worked hard on these shots, i will visit your blogs soon - love you all - ariane xxxx

Vix said...

What a brilliant and empowering organisation, I'd love to volunteer for something like this.
You look beautiful in everything you wear and the lady behind you's face says it all. You are stunning. x

sacramento said...

I would go mad working in a thrift shop, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I would take everything home.
I love all your pics, specially the one with the amazed lady behind you, soooooooo good.
I just adore the lacey skirt, too.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MyStyle said...

Hi there!! Wow, what a lovely blog and fabulous photos-looks like you're having a lot of fun!! Thanks for stopping by too xx

fashionoverfifty said...

I love the looks of this shop and would LOVE to shop there! Love that lacey skirt.
And your photos just look so cool. I am taking a photo class in a few weeks so I can go beyond the auto settings.....

Émilie said...

Super ! Merci beaucoup pour ton engagement envers Fringues & Cie, ton implication et ta passion. Félicitations pour ton blog et merci de nous faire connaître à tous tes lecteurs à travers tes articles et photos.

Style Sud-Est said...

Hi Ladies, thank you again for your comments if i did not reply on your blog it is because i can not access your comment box!

Love you all

Ariane